Thursday 21 April 2011

EASTER BUNNIES AND CHOCOLATE EGGS

YAY it's almost easter! One of my favourite holidays, given the vast amount of chocolate that is involved. What i've noticed over the past few days is the amazing vintage, easter related items that keep popping up on Etsy. What strikes me the most is how much a bigger, family orientated thing Easter was. It's changed even since i was little. I remember going out to show off my easter bonnet and knowing when i got back there'd be a massive family dinner waiting as well as making my parents hide all my eggs around the house so i could hunt them down. Just doesn't seem like that anymore, it's all a bit ''Woohoo got the day off work, lets eat chocolate.'' So in a nostalgic tribute to how easter used to be here are few of the amazing vintage ''easter'' finds floating around on Etsy at the moment.




Happy Easter x

1 comment:

  1. Lots of Easter lovelies on Etsy. Wouldn't you just love to come across a vintage child's Easter hat and gloves? Patent Leather shoes, white lacy socks, cancan petticoat? Yes, I remember!

    ReplyDelete